Childhood memories … let’s sift through the good ones today, shall we?
I know for some, the pile of happy memories is small. But we all have a childhood memory or two that we cherish.
- A day at the beach.
- An evening around the campfire, savoring S’mores.
- Wandering the bookshelves in the library and adding yet another book to the To Be Read pile waiting to be checked out at the front desk.
- Friday night movies with popcorn and rootbeer floats.
- Family vacations to visit relatives, with echoes of “Are we there yet?”
I don’t know if carrying our childhood with us keeps us from becoming older … but treasured memories have a way of keeping our hearts young. Our outlook hope-filled. Childhood was always about today … and today seemed to last forever.
What a way to live: embracing today … believing in forever.
In Your Words: What’s one of your favorite childhood memories? I’d love for you to join the conversation today and share it with us. Maybe it’s a vacation memory … or a favorite book … or a time spent with a childhood friend … what came to mind as you read today’s post?[Tweet “In Others’ Words: Cherishing Childhood Memories #InOthersWords #lifequotes #childhood”] [Tweet “What’s one of your favorite #childhood memories? #lifequotes #remember “]
My novel, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, releases today! I’m celebrating with a Beach Bag Giveaway. Enter to win lots of fun stuff worh $200, including:
- a Nikon CoolPix Camera
- a Lands’ End canvas bag
- 2 beach towels
- a Contigo water bottle
- a copy of Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- a copy of Somebody Like You