Where has life taken you?
That’s not a rhetorical question.
I want to know: where has life taken you?
- What geographical locations have you seen?
- Cities. States. Provinces. Countries.
- What mountains have you climbed or skied?
- What lakes or oceans have you plunged into?
- Where have you sat and watched the sun rise or set?
- What place holds your heart captive, calling you to return because you were there once, long ago, and were changed by the experience?
Years ago, before we lived in Colorado, my family lived in the panhandle of Florida — Niceville, Florida, to be exact. There are still grains of white sand in my heart. Our eight years there changed me. I learned to love hush puppies and red beans and rice and sweet, sweet tea. But I also learned what true friendship was … and I learned to live without my masks and be just Beth.
Yes, Florida became a part of me.
In Your Words: Where have you been? How has it become a part of you?
Please share this post: https://ctt.ec/25a0R